Molly had her 6 month check-up and the doctor said she's doing super!! She also got the all OK, for starting fruits and vegetables along with nursing. I've been making little "baby food" cubes for her, and freezing them so that we won't have to buy baby food that has preservatives in it.
The great thing about making our own "baby food" is that I can buy organic fruits and vegetables that are free of chemicals, and I know everything that's in what she's eating. Surprisingly- making your own baby food is WAY less expensive than buying store brands- even though the quality is much better! So it's a win-win!
After some reading, we decided on pureed Avocado as Molly's first "real meal." Did you know Avocados are often called one of nature's perfect foods, because they are said to contain everything a person needs to survive?? Molly wasn't sure what to make of the Avocado taste at first, but now (almost a week later) she opens her mouth like a little baby bird as soon as she sees her baby spoon!
Her doctor suggested we feed her the same thing for a week, each time we let her try something new, that way we can catch any allergic reactions she might have. So today is our last day of Avocado! Tomorrow starts the exciting world of pureed carrots!
The pictures above are of my first experiments with making baby food cubes to freeze for future meals, and of Molly during her first experience tasting real food. Yay for Avocado:)
4 comments:
Shan that is so great that you're making baby food for her!! And with organic food!! YAY!!! That's extremely healthy and green (but you know all of that already)! :) It's not surprising that Molly is doing super given that she has super Mommy and Daddy!
I love her post-avacado face! LOL What a little sweetie :) Love you guys :)
Your so conscientious, I'm impressed. Plus I love that her first fave food is guac-y. LOVE IT
It really is great you are doing this, baby. So healthy for wee Molly and also cost effective. I should have taken photos for comparison purposes of the organic carrots I fed her last night. From bright green to bright orange all over her face. LOL. Love you girls tons!!!
~Daddy
Shan that is so great of you guys to be making all natural fruits and veggies for her!!! go you and Michael!!! great idea too with the freezing the avocado for later (and the labels too!) I seriously think the apple you were talking about before sounds so good i want one! lol, frozen apple pops:) Good job little miss Molly with eating her first week of avocado!!
Post a Comment